View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Not really. The buttons you have access to are pathetically few.

You cannot change amp models. You cannot insert stomp boxes. You have limited modulation settings. You cannot do about 100 different things. In short, without a PC, you cannot change much.

With the Mustang III, you can do everything without a computer. Its all on the front panel.

Just the whole "got to have a computer to do anything" is a pain for me. I want an amp that works, as an amp, with its effects, as is.

Aside from that, the footswitch option on the I is just a 2 button selection. On the III you can do so much more.

I do like the Fuse software. But I do not like the demand that I MUST use it. I like to just fiddle with effects using the amp. And beside that, there are 100 preset locations in the III and only 24 on the I.

So I am going to get the III. For those reasons. As for volume, well, it won't hurt to have more volume for that time in the distant future that I finally find a reliable drummer for a band .
+1. The MIII is easy to work with due to the LCD. Everything is right there. I hook up to fuse just long enough to back-up settings, but don't typically edit in there.

To those who think they'd spend too much time monkeying around: once I got about a dozen patches I liked, I quit twiddling with 'em. Set it and forget it. I have the 2 button and 4 button switches, so I can turn effects on and off as needed, and jump around the patches pretty quick.
Yamaha FSX-5
Yamaha LS-TA
Yamaha CG-TA
Epiphone EJ-200SCE
Breedlove Wildwood Organic Concert
Hohner Essential Roots SOSB
Epiphone Houndog Roundneck
Dobro Model 29
Taylor 214ce-N
Cordoba C9 Spruce
1972 Pablo De La Cruz Classical
? Eusebio Huipe Cedar/PE Flamenco