View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Funny thread, as for my Gretsch, a 6120T '55VS, I go back and forth between a '64 Deluxe Reverb and a '61 Ampeg Mercury at home, and for gigs, I've been playing it through a Princeton Reverb Clone. They both sound great with my Gretsch. As for strings I'm using Pyramid Gold Nickel Flatwounds 12 -52. I like the heavier gauge as it makes easy to go back and forth between my acoustic and electric at my solo gigs (which I do 98% of the time). As for the Bigsby spring I prefer the stock spring, (I have the Reverend spring on my other Gretsch Anniversary with slightly lighter strings). Even with the Bigsby, the 6120T stay in tune for ridiculously long periods.

Pictures from yesterday's gig...
OT but you must be doing something very right if your getting all $5's and $10's for tips ........ OR have you just pre-seeded the tip case ?

Once I got a $100 dollar bill, but it was folded up and I think they may have been just tipsy enough the have thought it was a $1

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4