View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Love my Gretsches. Fantastic guitars. I’ve added the Biggsfix and “Squishy spring” to both of my Bigsby equipped guitars. I’ve owned a lot of guitars over the years. Gretsch guitars really have something special within. And the Electromatic series (at least the ones that I’ve owned/own) are fantastic guitars. Not just fantastic guitars for the money...fantastic guitars period.

My 5620CB-T is stock beyond the Biggsfix, and the spring. Although, I too have found .11’s to be a must. And a wound G helps.

The 5230-T has been completely rewired with CTS Pots, an orange drop cap, vintage pushback wiring, switch-craft jack and switch, bone nut, and locking tuners.

I use both live onstage weekly and absolutely love the tones and playability.

Either sound fantastic through my tweed/lacquered BJ at home (or the Tweaker that I owned), or through my Vox MV50 clean head and board on stage. I’ve included the gratuitous pics. Although I have changed the strings enough to do it with little frustration, I’ve found a little tool called the “Stingray”, made specifically for Bigsbys is a huge blessing for little cost.

Enjoy your Gretsch! Once you’ve experience that “Gretsch Sound”...it’s hard to imagine being without it.