View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 01:30 PM

I just tested the D'Addario pouches that came with their system (looks similar to the Boveda) by filling one with water: the pouches definitely do not leak water, but there is no velcro to seal them in the case of a gel pack leak. I'm not worried about using these for humidification of bamboo, given the setup, but don't think I will be putting them in my acoustics.

I do have a Musicnomad sponge rig here I can use. I just don't like the pressure it puts on the guitar when spreading the D/G strings in the soundhole; I also fear a small amount of additional nut/saddle wear, over time, as a result. I have always kept these below/behind the neck heel in the case--just not sure exactly how effective that is. Seems to me I remember seeing a similar system somewhere with a much thinner width / spread of the strings?

Was hoping the gel packs would be better, especially being 2-way, but they have their own set of problems, obviously. Heck, I might even try a couple of the Musicnomad-type sponges in the hanging D'Addario bags - that gets them in the soundhole with no fear of leakage! Hmmm.... hamster on sqeakey wheel.