View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 11:33 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Default An Daingean {William Coulter}

This is played on my Guild D-120. I've been playing my Larrivee all week, but I like the way this guitar rings out a bit better and it doesn't have as much bass as my Avalon so its a bit easier to record with.

I've had this tab for a while now and I had started it, but for some reason I couldn't wrap my head around it. I don't know why I had this mental block with it, I just couldn't reconcile what I was watching/listening to in a couple of videos and the music on the written page. I made a couple of attempts, but shelved it.

Finally I said to myself that I had to learn this as it is a great tune so I downloaded videos made by William Coulter and our Wrighty and loaded them into transcribe, slowed the things down and within a short time everything started to click. Don't ask me what happened.

There's a few warts, but overall its ok. I actually stumbled on some of the easier parts, go figure. I only practiced this until I got it right, not until I couldn't get it wrong - that'll take more time.

Watch your volume.

An Daingean {William Coulter}:

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: