View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_ View Post
Talk to Nate at Sweetwater today about microphones. They do not carry ADK or CAD microphones. His suggestions were more expensive in the 700 dollar range SE electronics makes an SE4 for stereo pair. He also recommended RODE M5 matched pair. The SE electronics pair are probably a little more expensive than I want to spend right now. In the RODE almost seem a little too inexpensive. I wonder how they would compare to the CAD E70 that we had discussed earlier. I don't want to cheap out on microphones I want to make sure that what I get is going to be accurate and not out of date and year so.. Same with the interface.
Also wonder what features are left out of the LE version of cubase (compare to full version).

Thanks legolas....

Bagpipe... I'm not a complete rookie but everyone I've talked to has suggested SDC in stereo so I'm guna be set on trying that. My AKG perception 120 isn't the answer I know that! Lol

Rick... I'm going to review that thread as soon as I get home from work always look forward to your expertise. Thanks to all that answered
I am coming to the conclusion that Sweetwater is only great when buying low cost items no limit on price for free shipping and no tax. My Sweetwater rep hasn't been all that great when it comes to asking for advice. Sure they are going to recommend what they carry. Here is one example. The received a large number of M-Audio's Venom synthesizer. They were going for $200.00 on the blowout from the regular $500.00 price. He told me it sounds like an Access "Virus" synth. I already knew that was BS as the Venom has such a different sound. The Virus go up to 1-2 grand. His advice was way off as he was just trying to make a sale. Not long ago I asked about some SDC's and he told me they all sound the same until you get to that 7 hundred dollar price range. You are right The AKG Perception 120 is not a very good mic, but might make a great weapon. I know from experience as does my friend here in town. It never gets used. Cheaper Rode mics known to be brittle on the high end. I will received my Cad e70 Stereo bundle today and will put them to the test after I un-box. I'll have a session/Project ready for recording. So it will be testing different mic placements. I should have some clips on Soundcloud in a day or so.
@luke Cubase Essentials 7+ works great on Win 7 64 bit. Vista and Win 8 are the real losers as far as OS goes. I haven't upgraded Cubase 7.1+ to 7.5(the lastest version) I think for me it will cost 50 bucks. I am hearing some good things with the latest version. Not as much moaning. I will upgrade soon. I would imagine your demo version is the current one.