View Single Post
Old 10-25-2017, 07:47 PM

Whoa, that's awesome. You have a much better "hand" than I do!

I can't speak to the accuracy of the notes or articulations (staccato marks). But the formatting looks much better. The second group of each measure should also have stems up. In fact, everything but the bass notes should be stems up.

I know the rule is: above the middle line, stems down; below the middle line, stems up. But that only applies to single lines and vertical chords. When you have more than one "line" on the staff - bass and whatever - then it gets reversed: all bass stems are down, and all treble stems are up.

So, stems up on everything that's not bass. Correct the dotted quarter to a dotted half.

The 3/8 measure? If the note sustains but is not actually played, then use a tie. In other words, tie the previous dotted half to a dotted quarter in the 3/8 measure. This tells the performer not to pluck it, but to let it continue to ring for that duration.

I think that's it. I offered above to do this in Finale, but I think you've got it covered. I'll eyeball it again if you want, if you make more corrections.

Last edited by Guitar Slim II; 10-26-2017 at 02:12 AM.