View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:12 AM

Default My Experience - “Robbins Guitars” - Tyler Robbins the builder

For me being new to this guitar forum, you may have seen this post before. I am learning!

A couple years ago - maybe three now, I was having trouble with my Heritage Golden Eagle. I needed a luthier to work on it to replace the nut, which cracked at the B string. I was led in the direction of Galloup Guitars, where I met Tyler. He was more then accommodating to me and did the work on my guitar, which turned out fantastic. He fixed the nut, dressed the frets, total setup. It played as good as new, maybe better! I am a jazz guitarist. At that time I was getting interested in learning more about playing gypsy jazz style. I didn’t realize at the time what a high quality of a guitar builder Tyler was. I hadn’t seen his guitars yet. Like I said I was getting interested in gypsy style and Tyler builds extremely high-end acoustic guitar.

After seeing and playing one of his guitars and doing more research I realized I was dealing with a very talented builder! After several months I started thinking of the possibility of having him build a gypsy guitar for me. So I contacted him, he was more then happy to give it a try. We talked about different options for possible style and how he would probably only build one and that he is very serious about his brand of acoustic guitars. It came to me then that rather then gypsy, I had to have a “Robins” guitar. With that decision, I gave him the go ahead to start building mine. He was ready to start building his second model, the R.2 a slight bit smaller version of the R.1 I thought that would fit my style of playing well. With that, he has been building it for me since mid summer. I have no doubt of the quality that I will soon be getting. I also have no concern about the timeline. Tyler is a very professional communicator, hard worker, with a true sense for business. He is very easy to work with and really takes time to help with understanding the process of construction. I’m just a jazz guitarist - not too guitar technical! I’ve asked him many questions along the way, he has promptly addressed my questions with knowledgeable easy to understand responses.

I am of course very excited to start playing my new first of a kind R.2 Robbins acoustic guitar. I can’t thank Tyler enough for his patience and sharing his skills to make this work of art for me.

If you are looking for quality, look no further!

I'll add pictures soon.

Last edited by Rreszka; 12-09-2018 at 12:44 PM.