Thread: Crash and burn
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 10:52 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock View Post
Just realized you are most likely writing instrumental tunes and not standard words and music songs, so I edited my post as most of what I was going to say would not apply, but this much probably does apply regardless of what kind of songs you are composing - don't give up, just open up and let it come to you and don't worry about what anyone else may think of what you are doing, but enjoy the creative process and achievement for the sake of doing it.
It's more than a little frustrating though, but thanks. I think giving it a rest is the best for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedartop52 View Post
I've admired your work for a while now and am sorry to hear you're discouraged. I found that playing straight covers isn't that satisfying and writing new songs is a bit beyond my skills. A happy middle ground has been creating my own arrangements and interpretations of songs I admire. Sometimes I take them pretty far afield from their original form and it is great fun. Anyhow, it is just an idea...and when in doubt buy a new guitar!!! ha Dan
Dan, I have a couple of books of Celtic music that's arranged in standard. I'm thinking about taking one or two and see how they work out in other tunings just for the heck of it after I learn them in standard.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}: