Thread: Dobro surgery
View Single Post
  #3  
Old 01-03-2021, 12:50 PM
Realbluesman Realbluesman is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Afton, VA
Posts: 554
Default

I have a 1976 60D model. My cone (and bridge saddle) was glued but by the time I got around to operating, the cone glue had dried out. I did carefully sand the dried glue from the rim before replacing the cone.

I replaced the original saddles with new, taller ones. This along with a new cone really enhanced the tone and volume. I did not use glue on the cone or the saddles.

BTW, the proper cone diameter for this model is 10 1/2". Most "modern" cones are 10 9/16 which require some alteration.
Reply With Quote