View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 09:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierophant View Post
Marc always has some of the very silky sitka spruce, I really love that! Looks so classy and elegant and will sound even better, I'm dead sure about that.
He's mentioned it comes directly from Alaska and he processes the wood himself...I am SO excited to hear how it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThomson View Post
Exciting day indeed! I've not had photos for what feels like ages (in reality it's about 3 weeks!). This one looks fantastic too. Nothing overdone on any way.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny B View Post
This is starting to really come together. Looks great!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBKuz View Post
Dustin,

I had a shop visit this week with Marc, and had the pleasure of seeing the guitars currently being built right now, one of which was yours. Sorry if I left any finger prints but I’m sure the final sanding will remove them. Your guitar is looking great, and just taping the top produced quite a magnificent sound from the body, boding well for things to come once the guitar is strung up.

Marc’s work is very clean, which was evident in all the guitars in the shop. He’s a pretty cool guy as well. I got to play his personal guitar and can see why you have multiple builds from Marc. I also see why many people on the AGF take time to visit with their luthier throughout the build when possible, its a very cathartic experience. As a tool guy, this visit was a double bonus … lol

Looking forward to hearing you play your guitar, once you have receive it.
Ah, great news! I appreciate the response...I'm extremely jealous you are capable of just stopping by! I'm sure the body is very lively with the torrified top. Marc is really cool and down to earth, one of the main reasons I keep ordering with him, this likely won't be the last if I'm being honest. His fit and finish is definitely up there among the best. I would've loved to play his Sitka/Braz Model M. Have a great weekend

-Award-winning songwriter/guitarist, Visual storyteller
-D’Addario, G7th and K&K Sound Artist
-Music on Spotify, Apple Music and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-New album "Serene" (Oct '23) and tablature
available at www.dustinfurlow.com