View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 09:05 AM

Thanks all for the words. I’ve been playing 15 years on an old Korean made Ibanez. This is my first nice guitar purchase. I bought it off a guy who bought it new online (unseen) and was upset to find it had a two piece neck, which obviously doesn’t bother me and is found on many of these newer Martins. I had to jump because the price really was right.

This is still the factory setup. Action is a touch high but string height and neck angle check out in my minimal experience. Using a flat edge or a piece of string shows a slight dip in front of the bridge, favoring the bass side a little. Behind the bridge seems normal with gentle bellying. I’m a bit far from a luthier but will get it in for a checkup. Everything else seems normal.

I’m thinking taking the saddle height down a little might reduce torque and I will humidify until I can get to a luthier. Just curious about others experiences on the matter as I’ve never dealt with a Martin before. Just wondering if it’s recoverable or has the potential to get much worse.

Last edited by rainier38; 06-17-2019 at 09:12 AM.