View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 01:16 PM

Very good point, I have to say that lack of time is not something I've had to content with to that degree. I definitely agree that time is a factor, however I am of the (perhaps naive) opinion that we have more control over our time than we think.

I find how I spend my time is a reflection of my priorities. It makes sense that a family and kids are on the top of that priority list. However, when you have down time, choosing to spend it expanding your abilities on the guitar may not take precedent over watching TV or other leisure activities. We have 16-18 hours in a day, I would say that (at minimum) most people I know I spend at least 1-2 of those on leisure.

I think that both of us are right to certain extent. The ability to maintain your playing depends on both how much time you have and how you spend that time. I believe that you will always make time for things that are a top priority, it just depends where you put your playing on that priority list.

Awesome to hear that you're back to playing! The fact that you've picked it up again to such a high degree definitely speaks to the realness of your passion.

All the best!
Derek