View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
Steve, I'm considering this Made In Korea Gretsch. What do you think about it as a decent electric guitar?

Gretsch G5422TG Electromatic Hollowbody Double-Cut with Bigsby - Walnut Stain $999.99 (I may be able to get it for a bit less).

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...y-walnut-stain
I've played a couple, and although I'm partial to the "baby Falcon" white version - I was seriously thinking of buying one and "Falconizing" it with aftermarket parts - it's a fully pro-quality instrument that just happens to sell at an intermediate/step-up price; FWIW I've seen a couple local Beatles tribute bands use it as their "George" guitar, and if you ever get the chance to run it through a Vox AC combo (I like the AC10 1x10" and AC30S1 1x12" with this guitar - YMMV) it'll bring tears to your eyes...

BTW, don't be afraid to ask for an additional discount - IME Sweetwater is very accommodating in this respect - use the difference toward a hardshell case (check out the Gator Journeyman - near dead-ringer for a $500 Gretsch "Western" factory case at 1/4 the price), and have a couple sets of flatwound 11's on hand (de rigeur on a hollow/semi-hollow Gretsch)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
I'm not Steve, nor do I play Steve on TV...
My father thanks you...
My mother thanks you...
My wife thanks you...
My daughter thanks you...

- and I thank you...