View Single Post
Old 02-01-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalFromChatham View Post
Is there a cab you can pair with the micro dark - that might emphasize a less boxy and cleaner (fender) like tone?
No, not really. Orange tone is it's own thing. I have owned and gigged Micro Terror for years. You can get cleans from the Micro Dark & M. Terror, but you have to dime the volume and cut the gain way back. Even then, it's not super clean but close enough.Even though these are both hybrid amps, they still need to be pushed, like a full tube amp to get the best tone out of them.

Have you considered something like the Blackstar HT-1R MKii? Great cleans and a nice drive channel. ISF control can give you American (Fender-ish) tone or Britsish (vox-ish) tone. Also has reverb, which the Orange does not. I happen to prefer the Orange tone to Fender. Their Crush series sound amazing for ss. Beautiful cleans and all the grind most people would ever want in the dirty channel. I also have the Orange Crush 35RT - it's a killer amp. I sold a Fender Super Champ to buy it and have no regrets. The 20rt may be a viable choice for you too.....

The Micro Dark has essentially the same volume as the Blues Jr with WAY less clean headroom.

Ibanez, Recording King, Gretsch, Martin
G&L, Squier, Orange (x 2),
Bugera, JBL, Soundcraft

Our duo website - UPDATED 7/26/19