View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 05:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post

Reverb

ANY of the LiquidSonics Reverbs - Cinematic Rooms Pro, Lustrous Plates, Illusion, Seventh Heaven Pro, Reverberate (These are all stunning verbs, particularly Cinematic Rooms Pro, Lustrous Plates and Illusion)

Waves Abbey Road Plates, Abbey Road Chambers and H-Reverb
Unfortunately, I have a little voice in my head saying that Plates, will offer me what I need for voice, acoustic guitar and symphony.
I say unfortunately because I really don't have any real time experience with modern reverbs. I've got no foundation for that little voice in my head.
Plates, are only embedded in my head because that is what I worked with back in the late 70's & early 80's.
As the Sale will be coming up soon for Liquid Sonics, I am trying to figure out what it is that Lustrous Plates might have over Seventh Heaven? Or What Cinematic Rooms, Illusion might have over plates?
I can not remember exactly, but I did call and talk briefly to Liquid Sonics...and they said that Lustrous Plates was designed by different group of people? But even they could not tell me the real differences between their plug ins.
If I was more experienced in operating reverbs I could of course try them out first. But honestly, since I am a novice in this area, I know I would not be able to make a good judgement. (Now microphones...I can make a judgement on pretty fast these days.) But reverbs, no experience. And the samples they offer differ from plug in to plug in. So I find it hard to determine what the advantages of each are.
So I would love to hear your description of what the real time differences are between Seventh Heaven and Lustrous plates, Cinematic Rooms and Illusion. I like that you mentioned that these three are Particularly stunning.