Thread: Sexauer '18
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 03:08 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Sexauer '18

Chapter One, presumably.

The 2017 Chapter 2 thread is still functional, but if you post in there I will answer here, or so goes my "plan" . . . as if!

At this moment I am binding the BRW/European spruce L00 which will be my final guitar labeled as a 2017. Meanwhile, the Pernambuco OMish I am making for Tom Tsouris is in the finish curing stage, and my current big news is that the Small Jumbo I am making for Bob Berger is now 4 days strung, and playing and sounding entirely up to snuff. I expect to ship it in 2 or three days. My next start, the first guitar of 2018, will likely be a spec guitar aimed at the La Conner event coming up in May. I have not decided what it will be yet.

I took some pictures of Bob's J185 inspired SJ today and will post a few here. Also, here are links to the tune I recorded yesterday on GarageBand. This tine is called "Rythme", and the guitar was used for a background track and for a melody track. I treat these old Contra dance standards as "Jazz" tunes, and play the "head", do some improv over the chord structure, and play the head again.

Slower version

Faster version