View Single Post
Old 05-16-2020, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

Hi all, I just wanted to boost this thread from a few years back, because I happen to be the lucky owner of this guitar, and I want to sing David Dart's praises from a mountain top...fortunately, I live on a mountain haha . DAVID DART!!! If you like really really good vintage guitars, and you don't know about David Dart's work, you should.

David Dart lives way out in the country in Mendocino (northern California), not the best place to market his work I suppose. I have not met him, but I nonetheless imagine him like a wizard, secretly building masterpieces. He has been building instruments for 50+ years, and WOW has he mastered his craft. The fact that his work does not cost more is astonishing to me. (oh, by the way, he also makes ukuleles and mandolins)

Diamond Dave was not exaggerating when he said Dart was awesome. Dave is far better than I am at describing the qualities of guitars, and a better guitar player, so this is just a huge thumbs up for what he said about the guitar earlier in this thread. May David Dart get full and proper recognition for his great accomplishments.