View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 08:01 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Default LeGeyt CLM Tree/Smoky Red Spruce

I think this will technically be a 2021 finish, but I got so excited by the photos I had to share. Sue me.

When I got the LeGeyt parlor, I really started running out of room, and Juston as well as Ed have RAVED about their lightweight hog CLMs. I had a perfectly good CLM, purchased from a member here on the forum, that had stunning brazilian and a beautiful Red spruce top. It was completely french polished, which really allowed the wood to shine through.

But, just as we all have first-world problems, I liquidated that CLM in order to help fund my old Martin. Aaaannnd, I just happened to have a killer set of Tree lying around, just looking for some unsuspecting luthier crazy enough to take on a project.

Fast forward a year or so, and here are some opening shots to get your juices flowing. I don't have any of the top, but it is the sister set to my Brondel, Smoky Red Spruce from the Hampton Brothers in Virginia. Old growth, super tight grain, etc. The last photo are BRZ fretboards, and we're going with the one second from the left.

Burton has a lot of secret weapons, but French polish is one of them. Certain LeGeyt clients used their Jedi mind tricks to convince Burton to try oil varnish a la Brondel. I for one think Burton's Yoda level building combined with a Mandalorian -level Brondel varnish will be a guitar to restore balance to the Force.

More exciting photos to come sometime I don't know when, I have no idea when we're finishing, could be six months, could be 18, he's a busy guy and I'm in no hurry. Just here to torture you all by starting a thread and then not updating it for months on end.

Last edited by CoolerKing; 02-06-2020 at 08:16 PM.