View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchie View Post
Dear Tom,

the luthier, Tobias Traub wanted to create a guitar with a responsive back, So he produced it very thin back with it's own bracing but he made the experience that it was too vulnerable to mechanical force. So he decided to lay a second back over it with it's own bracing and it's own lining. But the result of that responsive box has nearly disappeared with htis "dummy-back". So he tried to cut some soundholes in that second back and the soundbox brought a quite clearer and stringer voice than without these backs.
This new buidling has an older brother, the spider scorpion and perhaps -if you like- you can hear it on the thread about this guitar.
https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...pider+scorpion
I honestly would like to present it on your guitarapolooza but from good old germany it's a quite longer way than to "Tipperary". So I hope I could explain it clear enough with my german english.
By the way what does it mean "guitarapolooza" ?

all the best

guitarchie
Thank you, that is all very interesting and I will investigate more. Guitarapolooza is really a made up word meaning a big party or festival...Octoberfest for guitars haha!!! You can still come, I have folks coming from Scotland and England!!! Ticket prices are cheap right now!!!