View Single Post
Old 12-21-2018, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHw View Post
Awesome! the 4th Circa~ The mahogany set looks beautiful~ Looking forward to this build~
I know, I guess I'm a bit of a super fan. It doesn't hurt that John's fun to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerFoodie View Post
Love that fiddleback 'hog!!!!!

I remember when that 'burst Circa popped up on the classifieds. It took everything I had to not move on it. Yours is going to be special. Love the fact that you've got a lot of variety in your Circas!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build progress!
I always keep my eyes peeled for used Circas. I wish I could have afforded the OM-42 that was on sale here for months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
So it's an OM - 19.5!

Love the sunburst, and the mahogany is drool worthy.

Col
19.5 is a good idea, though it would be breaking new ground to move away from whole numbers. But why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
You are torturing me. My first built with John starts in early 2020, probably a 7/8D-12 fret in Adi/Hog. Thanks to you, I will need at least three more

Seriously, congrats on this one (and the others you posted, the beautiful Maple 000, and that Brazilian...), the set looks fantastic!
Been there, my friend. I had to wait a few years before my OM build started in 2016 and put these deposits down ages ago knowing I would want more. Schoenberg gets Circas every once in a while and that really fuels the fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7 View Post
Beautiful Honduran Mahogany Juston.... It looks like the stuff that Jerry Hibdon (Hibdon Hardwoods) was selling 3-4 years ago.
I don't think it's Hibdon, Bob, but I'm not sure. John told me it was acquired 10 years ago. He's been saving it for his very favorite client . . . but then I talked him into allowing his second least favorite client to use it.