View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Not related, but can you give me opinion of the difference between the loudbox and the Bose?/ mainly tone but anything will help with my quest for an amp or PA
Thanks
I have both, (Fishman Artist and the S1)

Get the Fishman Artist...

It is much easier to dial in a decent sound with my pickups, (Fishman infinity Matrix in everything) going straight in

The bose IMHO Does not have enough EQ and notch filter options. (actually none beyond tone match presets and Bass/Treble) The best way to get around that w/the S1 isto front end the guitar with a tonedexter which helps quite a bit.

In a pinch an S1 will work if you need the Battery Capability. I had to do a few weddings where there was no power availbel, (Apple Orchard and a Beach Setting)

If I had power, I'd have opted for the Fishman. Eq voicing is superior IME And it has more head room. The bose is rated at 40w.. (it's an impressive 40wats but it is still that) The Artist is 120w with a larger speaker, and a tweak-able crossover control that you can use to tame the top end.

That said,
Combining them is cool. Use the Artist for guitar/vocal and a Direct Out to the Bose S1 is killer litter setup. I put the S1 on a pole, the Artist on a bar stool and sit or stand just ahead of them. That works great.