Thread: RainSong necks
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 05:17 PM

I had no issue with the 1 3/4" nut width on the WS1000N2 when I had it. While I do have guitars with 1.72", 1.725" and 2 with 1 3/4" my preference is the 1 3/4". String spacing at the nut is of course is another factor which rarely comes up as a topic. That would be easily remedied with a nut with different spacing. The issue I had with the Rainsong N2 neck was due to my own playstyle. I use my thumb a lot on the low e string and even though I have big hands I used to get fatigued easy with that chunky neck.

Of all my years of playing guitar the N2 neck profile was the most unique neck I ever came across. I never played any guitar that I would compare its neck profile to. I'm not saying it's a bad design or anything just that it's too chunky for me. I loved the tone from that WS1000N2 and would still have it only for the neck. This topic does come up a lot on here so I at least know that I'm not the only one who don't jive with the N2 neck. That being said I really think Rainsong should revisit that neck design and/or offer another one in addition to it.