View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 05:44 AM

Growing up my Mom really wanted me to play the piano. We had an old piano in the house and I took lessons for 5 years. I had zero interest and it showed in how poorly I progressed. I wish she had been more supportive of my interests instead of pushing hers on me.

Neither of my kids has shown any interest in the guitar. Do I think it would be cool if they did? Of course, but they don't so I support their interests. My Daughter's main ones are violin and softball and my Son is a skateboarder. Neither are things I did or do but it's fun to watch them work hard at hard things.

You have guitars at home and have offered to buy your Son a guitar. I think that's all you can do. Let him know that the offer to buy him a guitar stands forever if he ever decides it's something he wants to do.

And for the people saying kids don't want to work hard these days... That's what your parents said and what their parents said and what their parents said etc.... I see kids working extremely hard every day. It just might look a little different than when I was a kid.