View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

And I'll add *my* second post

The quality of the sound generated from the Tonedexter can vary siginificantly depending on positioning of the mic, so a little experimentation is called for. I don't mean it'll sound like crazy different guitars, but differences in boominess etc. The sound I'm currently using isn't really "my guitar but louder," but rather a very pleasant, non-quacky sound that's clearly an electrified version of an acoustic guitar, if that makes sense. I just haven't had the time to get more air in there.

I think I recall it was recently stated in an IR discussion, probably specifically for the Tonedexter, that the most dramatic improvements would come from the least satisfying pickups. For example, I have a Martin with a VT Aura Enhance, an excellent Fishman pickup that includes a custom image for the Martin GPC-28E it's attached to. I have no need to try the Tonedexter on that apart from curiosity, maybe I will someday. In constrast, my Martin gig guitars have the inferior Fishman Sonitone, and the Tonedexter makes a dramatic, positive improvement.