View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

I've had a bunch of different pickups in my guitars, dating back to the late 70's when I used a FRAP (the little one with the red preamp) that was stuck on the edge of the bridge of my '72 Martin D-35, using the beeswax that FRAP provided... (I still have that FRAP w/ preamp hanging around somewhere...)

I'm about to get a new (to me) acoustic guitar, and I have a set of Dazzo 70 t's that I'm going to try out... I've heard that the placement/installation of Dazzos is critical and an involved process. I'm very lucky to live within 40 min. of Vancebo, who has both installed a bunch of Dazzos in his guitars and also been "trained" by Teddy in the process... and he's going to do the install for me!

We'll have to see how I like them, but I'm pretty sure they will be quite serviceable for my needs... I'm REALLY hoping that I can get a good sound from them, just running into my Bose T1 Tone Generator/Mixer, without having to resort to an external preamp.

I do have a K&K PURE XLR preamp that will probably suffice, but, if I had the $$$, I'd get one of the Sunnaudio preamps that Teddy worked so closely with Sonny to get "The Preamp" for his Dazzo pickups... I have heard nothing but good things about those Sunnaudio preamps paired with Dazzo pickups.

Not to hijack this thread, but Doug Young? Have you used Dazzos with a 12 string? How did that go? I have the Anthem SL in my Angus 12 string and it's fine, but I like the idea of having the same pickup in both my 6 and 12 string guitars, so long as they "work" in the guitars...
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman