View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
Just the opposite for me: I have a second generation X7 with the B-Band pickup, and it is one of my favorites for acoustic amplification. I had a Shorty with the Fishman Prefix+T; decent amplified, but not as good as the B-Band to my ears.

Different strokes. I generally run my guitars through a Play Acoustic and into a Bose S1 or L1c. Each of those PAs color the sound a bit, as does the surroundings. I am probably not in the majority in that I don't expect the plugged in sound to be "like the guitar only louder"... if it sounds good, I'm good to go.
The only times I've used the Emerald is as a backup, when I used to run a Fishman Loudbox Performer (don't need that much power these days - so I donated to the local HS). For gigging, I would normally be using a Godin Acousticaster (to allow me to easily move from acoustic to more electric tones), and the Emerald was a backup. Using the same settings on the amp for the Emerald, no matter what I did with the onboard B-Band preamp I was never very happy. Perhaps had I devoted more time to it I could have gotten a better sound, but frankly the old X7 has been relegated to office guitar status over the past few years.