View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 06:06 PM

As I’m preparing to ship to Dream Guitars I realized that I didn’t take any good shots of the Birdseye guitar. So.... I’ll throw up what I do have.

This one was intended, along with its flamed maple twin for the 2020 show season. Doesn’t look like that will be happening now, though I’m holding out hope for Woodstock. I’ve decided to let these both go, and if Woodstock does happen, squeeze a build in or take client guitars.

These are two of the best sounding guitars to come out of my shop! I was pretty nervous about using mahogany for the bridge as it’s much lighter in weight than what is commonly used. I think most builders use the weight of the bridge as part of what creates sustain. My feeling was that My Guitars have tons of sustain due to the active hollow-core back and over all efficiency of the system. I thought that the lightness of the mahogany bridge (14 grams) would result in a quick response, without sacrificing sustain. A bit of a risk, but...... it was successful!

Both of these guitars are very quick to respond, and loud with even a light touch, giving a huge range of potential sound. Tons of colour weather played light or loud.

Anyways... here’s the Birdseye complete. [emoji41]

The flamed is available trough my shop

The Birdseye will land soon at Dream Guitars.