View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losov View Post
Nah, not gonna read the whole thread, I was only responding to the original post. Didn't notice the date. But I do realize I didn't answer your question, so I will.

In my case, if you look at my channel you'll see it's it's currently devoid of any covers. But you'll also see that I have disabled comments and "star ratings". I'm just not interested in that whole YouTube thing of everyone telling each other they're awesome (when they clearly aren't) and trying to amass high view counts. I can't clear the view counter, so every now and then I take the vids down to reset the counters. So why are they there at all? Several reasons.

I use YT as an adjunct to the CD packages I give to club owners/managers. I reference the channel so they can see me actually performing the songs and so they can be aware that I am, in fact, an old guy and not some young hunk. If that's what they're looking for they can keep looking. I also use it to keep in touch with old friends and band mates from back in the day when we played Skynard in roadhouses, to show them what I'm up to now.

Lastly, it occurred to me that there are many people here giving opinions and advice. Having a couple of videos accessible provides a frame of reference for any advice/opinions I might share so the reader can decide if I know what I'm talking about or not.

So, FWIW, those are my reasons.

Oh! Why covers? They're really more interesting than my originals.
Good for you. A real man interested only in "art". Totally devoid of any ego, would that everyone were like that...

In the meantime, I'm not as rock solid as that, and my fragile ego needs boosting on occasion. See the link below in my signature. You can rate AND comment. I don't mind if you tell me I'm great, I can read between the lines, I don't mind if you tell me I have a ways to go too! And if you want to hire me for a gig, you can see I'm a young (52) hunk. I can gray things up if you need though.

Last edited by Fliss; 11-15-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: language