View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisczech View Post
Good questions Wrighty. I'm commissioning Ciaran to build 2 guitars, one an S with a sinker cedar top, the other an OM with Adi top, mainly because I fancy a bit of variety. I think his signature tone is likely to come through whatever your wood choice, so it's down to preference. I suspect Ciaran's guitars will become more well-known as he's building an excellent product at a really good price point.

My hunch would be to offload the 2 Furch you play less, nothing wrong with having 2 OMs. Walnut sounds like a good choice, it will give you something a bit different from your RW OM. The upcharge issue is always a tricky one in terms of is it worth it, but Ciaran's advice re Euro spruce is probably sound. His guitars are well-priced anyway, so £300 in the long-term seems worth it. On the other hand, if you listen to the Sitka/Koa OM at TNAG, it sounds pretty warm.

Terence from Goodacoustics in Singapore has ordered a Euro spruce/Madrose OM that's just waiting for its last coat of finish following Ciaran's move back to NI. I was hoping to spend some time with this guitar if Terence is happy for it to stay in the UK for a while, and I'm based near you.

Nice to know that there are other McNally fans out there.

Hi Dennis

Thanks for the thoughts - looking forward to seeing those two builds..

I am very excited about getting underway - I think Ciaran builds great guitars.

Peter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig