View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamarebel View Post
Day 2 of no tracking updates after Heathrow...morale is low. Dwindling supplies. I begin to wonder if the X30 will ever arrive...

I SO understand! To help with morale: OMG, you have one of the first production X30s coming!! You are a forward-thinker and a trend-setter! Women will find you more attractive and men will want to be you. Strapping that X30 on will make you appear taller and thinner. And, obviously, smarter.

OK, enough of the cheerleading... I will reiterate: once my guitar left Heathrow, I received zero updates from the USPS. BUT, they are obviously handling this as something more special than Priority.

You will want to lay in some more supplies - once you start playing your new X30, you may not want to leave the house for a few days... unless you will be playing out with your new guitar.

DO NOT, however, miss the opportunity to post a New Guitar Day announcement here, complete with photographs. One of you with a big ol' smile on your face, while holding the guitar would be nice, too.

You are on the home stretch. Do not waver. Do not give up hope. Do not despair. Play another guitar in the meantime, so you fingers stay in shape... it will probably be the last time that guitar will see any playing for a while.

Others have been where you are. To a person, we all came through on the other end. Smiling. It is amazing how therapeutic opening a new guitar box is to make you forget the angst of the wait. I've heard that some women experience something similar with childbirth... except they don't have a cool new guitar when done.

Too far? Yeah, I always seem to push it. That said, congrats on the incoming!

Jim