View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 07:05 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Two Hands Guitar Co. ~Solis~ #1 of 2 (Grand Auditorium)

Hello again, folks...as I said before, I have three guitars that were built on spec, to show at Tom B'sox B.I.G. celebration, and now that the party is over, I'm offering them for sale. If you find yourself interested in one of them, ask me and I can point you in the direction of a number of people who played them at the show, and can offer their impression of each of them.

The second guitar is my "Solis" model. It has beautiful quartersawn, straight-grained old-growth Cocobolo Rosewood back, sides & rear head plate; a Mastergrade Sitka Spruce top; an old-growth one-piece Honduran Mahogany neck; abundant flamed-Pyinma appointments and trim; an arm bevel; bound sound port and sound hole; plus a bound & purfled fretboard and front head plate veneer.

The "Solis" model is similar in profile to the Taylor Grand Auditorium. It has a 16" wide lower bout...and all of the power and presence that accompanies a guitar this size...but surprisingly, feels smaller than it actually is, because of the ergonomic comfort of the arm bevel. It has a dynamic range, and is amazingly versatile. You can find details and specs below, but first lets take a look at a few photos of this Solis. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2045.jpg

IMG_2047.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2053.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

Back and Sides: old-growth, quartersawn, Cocobolo Rosewood...
Soundboard: mastergrade Sitka Spruce provided by Brent Cole at Alaska Specialty Woods...
Neck: one-piece, old-growth, premium Honduran Mahogany obtained from the shop of a retired woodworker...
Bindings, arm-bevel, and heel cap are all highly-figured flamed Pyinma...
Purflings throughout are also highly-figured flamed Pyinma with thin ice-blue veneer lines...
center-seam inlay is segmented, and is made of highly-figured Cocobolo with flamed Pyinma.
Upper-bout sound port is bound in flamed Pyinma, and the soundhole is bound in Walnut...
Front headplate is Ebony, and carries the Two Hands logo in blue Abalone...
Headstock is bound and purfled, and has "Cosmo Black" Gotoh 510-Mini tuners...
Rosette is my "Style 1" with a single-piece Walnut Burl inner ring, and flamed Pyinma outer rings, thin ice-blue veneer lines, and white, gray and black pearl dots encircled within small copper rings...
Ebony bridge with bone pins; and polished bone, intonated saddle...
Deluxe “segmented" center-seem inlay and end graft inlay in highly-figured Cocobolo, with copper and shell...
Nut width: 1 3/4"; String spread at saddle 2 1/4"; FB radius 16";
Thirteen frets-to-body, Twenty frets total; Evo Gold frets

The price for this guitar is $6000 (plus applicable shipping/handling charges) reasonable offers may be considered.

I want you to feel totally comfortable with this purchase, so I do offer a 3-day trial period. If you find that this guitar isn't a good fit for you, send it back, and I will refund the purchase price (minus shipping charges) as long as it is in the same condition as when it left me.

If you have questions, or thoughts you'd like to share, you can send me a PM through the AGF, or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS