View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 02:18 AM

Thank you Doug, I really appreciate it. Your mix sounds better than mine.

1) That's true, my levels are on 0 and raw tracks are just without life. Not bright, clear, but very muddy. I have to rise them up on 4 or even 6dB to get more alive sound..

2) Hm, I always check tuning before recording and seemed tuned :/ However, I don't think, the guitar is a problem here. It's Furch, new Yellow series, so it is really good sounding instrument on its own. Wood on the guitar produces more darker sound, that is true. It is not spruce, but red cedar and indian rosewood.

3) Well, the pick-up system is L.R. Baggs Anthem. So it has microphone + piezo. What you can hear, is about 30 (mic) / 70 (piezo). But I have to admit, the recorded track is just not good. Maybe I'll try rather piezo next time.

4) OK, I'll try it as you say, also in different room and let see, what will happen. I'll let you know as soon as I'll have time to record it.

One thing: I don't know, if it is just my feeling or what, but when I play before press the record button, the signal is strong and bright. But when I finish my recording and hear the results, the tracks are without life and very narrow and thin. Maybe is the problem with my software settings, I'm using Cubase.

5) Well, I play sort of style like that guy in the video. Sometimes percussion too, but mainly this style.