View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 08:39 AM
AGF Sponsor

Lyle is fantastic, I've seen him about a dozen times over the past 20 or so years. Many formats from the Large Band (always a thrill, fantastic players and singers) to a mostly acoustic, smaller group that included Sam Bush. At the last show we were sitting only two rows from the stage at the Cape Cod Melody Tent and the small pit where his guitar tech was set up was right in front of us. Had an interesting discussion with him. Both those guitars are Collings, and I said to the guitar tech - do you mean to tell me he only travels with two guitars?!? He kind of shrugged and said yeah, those are the ones he likes and he doesn't see the need to bring any others. He also said he is the guitar tech for the Dixie Chicks and Natalie always brings over a dozen! At the end of the show I asked him if he would give me one of the hand written set lists that was sitting next to him on the stage. Unfortunately, he wouldn't do it! Now, that would have gone up in a frame in my studio!

One of the things that has always impressed me about Lyle is his modesty and how much he respects and values his band. A rare thing these days for a "star."

And oh by the way, my wife would like to respectfully disagree with yours..... SHE is Lyle's biggest fan! ;~)

Gene