Thread: Chimaera Seen
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Wow, that looks awesome, Sean. Slotted headstocks, bevel...cool. Just curious, has Emerald done a 12 string slotted headstock? I've seen 6/6 necks before, but iirc, the bridges were still offset, so is this a custom bridge and if so, why was this one done this way and what is the benefit, if any?

Edit: Sean, there appears to be a number of controls flush mounted at the bottom of the upper soundhole. What electronics are installed in this guitar?
At the time my X20-12 Ziricote woody was being conceived, I enquired about the slotted headstock. That is a really cool option and I probably would have paid for it, but at the time Alistair wasn't ready to take on that challenge. Since those slotted headstocks are hand carved by Alistair and for a 12 string would require a lot if work, maybe they were unable to make the pricing work.

The other thing I took into consideration was with the slotted headstock you lose a place to show off the incredible veneer.

Yet another option/challenge Emerald wasn't quite ready for at the time of mine was....using the veneer for the neck as well. I thought this would be way cool and probably would have paid $250-300 more for that option if they could do it.

These were unavailable at the point in time my order was being worked, but maybe could be offered at some point.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheChicagoTodd; 06-10-2017 at 07:53 AM.