View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by try2makeit View Post
I've always wanted a Godin cedar top guitar and would prefer it in the MJ. Please let me know your serious Pro and Con considerations. Not just..."you can never have too many guitars."
I think you raise an interesting question about the tension between learning which guitars please us, and how much diversity we should have in the guitars we buy. When is there too much overlap in our guitars, but at the same time acquiring guitars that we know please us, and suit our style of play.

There are folks on AGF who have no problem buying all manner of Taylors or Martins or whatever make they gravitate towards. Personally, I have been in favor of never having more than one of a brand at any one time -- just because there are so many great builders out there.

But lately I've been wondering if I could be completely satisfied with 2 or 3 Santa Cruz, which just happens to be the make that seems to feel most comfortable in my hands.

Bottom line: I don't have an answer to your question. There are pros and cons to whichever path you take.