View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 02:30 PM

Oh man. Please don't blame yourself. Stuff happens with or without intoxicants.

If you truly love playing, this won't stop you. Honestly, I spend near 50% of my playing time with a glass slide on my pinky.

I know you want a teacher, but you honestly don't need one for begining a journey on pinky slide Blues or Blues/Rock. Start by learning Keith Richards Open G chords from Youtube tutorials. Then just work on your slide work. This is a super solid background, because if you are interested in the Genres I stated, it's all about working out what works for YOU in terms of balancing fretting with three fingers and sliding with one. After you can solidly play Elmore James, George Thorogood (same thing really ), Muddy, etc. a teacher can check out where you are and refine/re-direct you for growth.

Of course that advice works for Blues and Blues/Rock played "spanish style". If you meant lap style "dobro" playing, it is useless. But Lap Style is not your only option. And playing spanish style slide guitar is certainly your fastest route to getting up and running!