View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 02:50 PM
Charter Member

Default A Guitar...

Mark sent me a few photos of the completed guitar today. The case from Jeff Hoffee is arriving today as well, so I believe the guitar will be shipped to me next week.

The Italian Spruce top is presenting some beautiful silking and the mottled Koa purflings are visually dancing a bit. You can also see Mark’s angled bone saddle (angled about 12 degrees toward the end block). The faint profile of clear polyester pickguard is also there if you look.

The dark Macassar Ebony binding lighter mottled Koa purflings both contrast and quartersawn Brazilian Rosewood back and sides. The set is quite sedate in its figure, but is the tight grained, quartersawn stuff we see all to little of these days. You can also see Mark’s continuous curvature Venetian cutaway with a smooth transition between the neck and body.

Here is the book matched Brazilian Rosewood peghead veneer with an Abalone “B”. Again, Mark used Macassar Ebony binding and tuner buttons as well as mottled Koa purfling to aesthetically tie it in to the body decoration.