Thread: The boxer
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate1 View Post
Karel, that song is etched into my memory. Like many, I would wager, I sang along, in harmony as I typically do, remembering every word. Yours is a faithful and sensitive interpretation of a troubling but, ultimately, inspirational lyrical portrait. As a photographer, the images, so perfectly selected, added a new dimension for me. Putting faces to the story, if you will. It is a performance I will look forward revisiting. Many thanks.
David
You really made me happy, David! Your experience is exactly what I was striving after. For me it is always music and lyrics which paint the portrait I try to understand when I cover someone else's song. It might live on in my head for quite some time before I grasp the true meaning. And then it starts to unroll as a film for which I 'desperately' try to find images. Sometimes only one will do. This time I needed more faces to the story (as you put it so aptly). The art then is knowing how to set limits. It might be a laborious quest to render ones own imagination but it is always worth the trouble because it draws you deeper into the song. Thanks!

My lyrics and music on Youtube