View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
OK I think I understand that. But what if I get a simple mixer without any reverb or effects and I want to use the reverb from the Fishman? IN order to use the Fishman's effects, would I need to go out of the mixer and into one of the 2 main channels on the Fishman? Could I put all the mics on the LEFT channel of the mixer and all the guitars on the RIGHT channel and then plug them into channels 1 and 2 of the Fishman? That way I could EQ the vocals and guitars separately on the Fishman.
Simply put, if you try to send a line level signal to the Fishman's preamp inputs (Channel's 1 & 2 on the front) it will result in those preamps being overdriven even with the pad engaged. At best you will get a very distorted sound. If you increase any output from the mixer or gain on the Fishman, you'll get howling feedback! The monitor in, input in back is designed for a line level signal. Many lower priced mixers have effects.

I've always found that if you use equipment was designed to be used you don't have problems. If you try to cut corners or take shortcuts problems arise. You need a mixer with effects to do what you plan on doing and send it into the Mon send. Why fight it?