Thread: CA/Peavey
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
I was an early adopter, so I'm not counting Rainsong out, but it has been several years. Eight? Ten? Patience has its limits.... I have been ready to click "buy" on the Emerald X20-12 on several occasions.

FWIW I would want a WS-3000 or an OM-3000. The dreadnought and jumbos are too big for me to play comfortably with my bad shoulder.
They discontinued the 12-string only 2-3 years ago, in fact I believe we still had new ones at the end of 2015 in the store.

The WS 12 was popular for sure, but the #1 seller was the Jumbo. When I think of piano like tone, I think of the Rainsong JM3000. The Dreadnought was offered for the first time about four or five years ago by my request, after which time it became a standard model. I actually ended up keeping a DR3100 as a go anywhere companion to my Gibson B45-12.

BTW, I have not discussed this with Ashvin or Dave, but I see no reason why they can't offer the 12-String in the OM as well if/when the 12's are re introduced. Personally, I would love to see a short scale 12-string to increase playability.