View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 07:23 AM

I can take regular criticism, what i can not take is the same people finding fault in everything i do for 2 years. Nobody is being forced to come here or like what my operation about. If this is not your cup of tea, that is absolutely fine with me, and in that case there is no need to keep coming here. That remark was the final straw as they call it. I hate that this drama keeps overshadowing my builds. I just come here to post some pictures, i do not come here to get false praise.

Some points made :

-It will not have a roller nut, a regular bone nut probably. I heard Paul reed smith saying that they have a resin nut with copper powder in it for mass. I am thinking of making a perfect nut and then casting a negative mold from it. I got a premade nut from Ebay with my exact specifications, but i am not pleased with the mass (or better said, lack of mass), so i will only use that as a referance for string spacing.

-Tunomatic style bridges are often too high to be placed on an acoustic guitar, you dont have this problem on a Les Paul electric guitar because the neck has been fitted into the body with a neck angle. I have a carbon fiber componente that allows me to lower the bridge so i dont have to let the fretboard stick out above the soundbaord for 12 millimeter (this would be ugly). The other problem with using tunomatic style on an acoustic guitar is the top vibrates and makes a tunomatic bridge resonate in a very annoying way. This is cause by resonance from the soundboards vibration and 9 out of 10 times it is the spring. My bridge has no spring. I can shake this bridge like a maniac and i hear nothing, so i expect no problem on the guitar. If there is a problem i can just scrap it and mount a regular saddle on the same wooden baseplate.

Carbon fiber plate on the underside of the soundboards pultrudes through a hole in the soundboard and holds the ball ends in metal ferrules, wooden baseplate (matching the fretboard wood species) on top of the soundboard with a carbon fiber insert to lower the bridge :

John, my innovations are not a dilusion, nobody in this space is using aero space epoxy resin with the resin infusion technique in a composite unibody (they put cutout scraps with wetlay, except Emerald guitars, those are very good), nobody has 0.6 millimeter thick carbon fiber bracings, nobody is using an aero space silicone heating blanket to post cure the matrix, the embedded soundboard is my own invention as well as a carbon fiber support frame, i am the first to bring QR codes on an instrument that you can scan, and it will take you to a dedicated website to authenticate your specific guitar. It will even have a 3d model of your specific instrument, that you can rotate and even view in virtual reality. The bridge component that holds the string ball ends is coming from under the soundboard so it`s impossible for the bridge to fly off. And then there is the proprietairy production system that allows 1 person to make 20 units per month so that`s 10 innovations right there, but i am only competing with myself. I try to make it as best as i can, i don`t care what companies are doing.

More info about this here : http://dutchluthier.com/innovations/

Last edited by littlesmith; 03-29-2016 at 08:06 AM.