View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:29 PM

Cool MichaudMade OM-R Acoustic - Flamed Brazilian Rosewood!!

Hey guys,

Long time no post but I'm super excited to be posting this thread. I recently commissioned an acoustic build recently from Joel Michaud of MichaudMade (http://www.michaudmade.com/). Joel's a luthier out of Calgary, Alberta here in Canada. What I'm most excited about this build is a piece of Flamed Brazilian Rosewood we'll be using. Joel's had 2 other sister sets of this wood and they've made for amazing acoustics in both tone and visuals! There's going to be a ton of appointments including an armest but I'll leave those details closer to when the build fully starts. I'll post updates as I get them over the next while. It's been awhile since I got a new build, after getting a Paragon and Cornerstone, a lot of my acoustic needs were met but I've wanted to own a Braz R/W based guitar for a long while.

We're going to be building an OM-R which is his take on a traditional OM sized-acoustic. We'll be using a creamy European Spruce to match with the Braz RW.

Some early pics-

Here's the set of Braz I'm getting:

Here's one of the sister sets made from this same Brazilian RW:

- Cornerstone Zion - German Spruce/Sinker Redwood Double Top with Madagascar Rosewood B/S and Koa Bevel/Binding

Incoming:
- MichaudMade OM-R Flamed Brazillian R/W & Euro Spruce