Thread: Taylor T5 / T5Z
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 06:59 AM

Default Hey Taylor, do you guys read this stuff? I propose the Taylor T4

Dave Phillips Music here in Eastern PA and Western NJ will not stock T5s. The local Allentown GC does not stock them. The larger GC nearer Philadelphia has them occasionally, though apparently not on those rare occasions that I stop by. Elderly instruments does not carry them (for the longest time my go-to phone and Internet retailer, I have a near two digit customer number) either. Before Sam Ash bought and destroyed 48th St. in Manhattan, I did not see many T5s there either.

So here is my proposal for a mainstream T5: Start with the T5z classic mahogany top, two standard user replaceable humbuckers or Telecaster pickups, add in the latest piezo Expression, and wire it similar to a PRS Hollowbody where the electric pickups are routed completely passively when used exclusively (no battery operation as pure electric).

They could call it the Taylor T4 and use it's uniqueness to lower the price to match the MAP of an American Standard Telecaster.

Jon
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields