View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Anyone know of Pete Thorn? Amazing electric guitarist and he seems like a class act guy too. I only found out about him from his Youtube channel last year. He's been on tour with numerous famous artists over the years and toured the world.

He also has his own Suhr signature guitar, Suhr amp (PT100) and Suhr pickups (Thornbuckers). I'm surprised I hadn't heard of him before last year.

Just curious if people heard of him, yes or no.
One day I was doing a gig at the resort I work at, and I was playing my National Triolian Resonator with a Highlander magnetic pickup on it. Well because I have volume limitations there, I've really had to work at coming up with a pedal(s)/amp combo that would give me the distorted delay'd slide guitar tone I like to record certain songs with. On that day, the tone was really happening, and right after my last song, this really nice guy came up to me to compliment me on my tone, and he said he couldn't believe I was getting it at such a low volume. Well that guy was Pete Thorn. He was a such cool dude. So polite, with no rockstar attitude! He was playing at the same resort upstairs in the ballroom with Melissa Ethridge. He told me to come up and check out his show, but unfortunately I had to go to another gig that night.