View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 12:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Reno View Post
Sounds like for some of you, the thought of using an iPad for lyrics or set list or music notation is somehow a bad thing? That’s too high-handed an attitude for me.
Hi CR

I've chosen to be a participant and a student of this subject.

I've always been an early adopter, and had PA systems doing solo work in the early 1970s (when only bands carried them). I endured criticism and stayed away from arguments. I still use PAs & amps when necessary, and now I'm considered a throwback because I've not adopted a digital system (see no need to spend the $$$ when my analog gear still works/sounds just fine).

I use charts when there is no time to memorize. Most of my memorization is accidental and based on repetition/practice anyway. It's been easy for me since I was 8 yrs old and started accordion. At some point I just 'know' the music and lyrics.

Many of my friends on the other hand could not memorize as easily as I did (and still do not), and it doesn't affect my playing with them, nor my attitude toward them. I don't dwell on it.

I've always surrounded myself with musicians, and accepted the fact we are different than the average populace. And some of us are more biased than others…but I decided early on that's not going to be me.

So high-handed, or deliberately-keeping-keeping-themselves-unprofessional…I like all flavors of musicians. Even the ones who wish we'd all be like them.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…