View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars44me View Post
This birds beak HS is quite nifty.

Very interesting build design and philosophy!

Fun to watch! Thanks for sharing
I admire a nice glued scarf joint as much as anyone, but there's something satisfying about fitting two pieces together and feeling them form there own mechanical bond. Thanks Paul!

Quote:
Really enjoying following this thread--amazing attention to detail with a high level of difficulty.

Dig the dual soundports too!

Great work--thanks for sharing--would love to hear it when it is done!
Thanks. My goal sonically is to have a guitar that speaks loud and clear, but at the same time seems to be speaking only to you.

Quote:
I've never heard the sound of your creations and at this point I don't care (not what a luthier wants to hear, eh?) but am so taken with your wood working abilities that the sound is secondary. Yeah, been guitaring for 4 years and wood carving for about 40, so guess what I know and appreciate....

No, I'm not that much of an idiot. Would really love to hear how they sound but judging from your work, they have to have a sound equal to the beauty of the guitar.

Have always enjoyed watching people that enjoy their work and are good at it, even if it's just digging a ditch. They become one with the job and it's like a carefully choreographed symphony, your work reminds me of that.

Appreciate seeing the process and, like the others, can't wait to hear the final result.
One of the reasons I like doing these build threads is at a young age I was heavily influenced by "process art" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_art
The idea that the process of making art is as important as the finished object. A "journey is the destination" sort of thing. I do love my time in the trenches.

Quote:
Beautiful set of Katalox. I look forward to seeing it under finish. I don’t know why people are not building more Katalox guitars
I agree. A very underappreciated wood.

Quote:
If you can’t wait, Glen23’s Mahogany and Red Spruce build is one of my favourites. In post #86 there is a sound clip of this guitar (still recommend reading the whole post). You can find it here -

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=423497
Thanks Ian. Comments like yours makes it feel like I have an appreciative audience, and as musicians know, that can really enhance a performance.