View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lppier View Post
My anthem on my Goodall is wonking out and I’m looking for a replacement. Something that is non invasive would be nice - curious about the ultratonic pickup.

Does it have the same impedance mismatch problem as k&k if I use it with a or baggs venue di?

Is it easy enough to install for me to order online and install it myself?

I heard that you can also pair something like a magnetic pickup with it, how does that work?

Thanks.
I recently converted a K&K mini to Ultra Tonic & am super happy with the results. Just overall better in every way. I, too, would like to know whether the impedance issue that was prevalent in the K&K is the same with the Ultra Tonic. Not a problem with me, though, as I use a buffered Polytone3 tuner/mute at the head of my signal chain & that has taken care of the impedance issues with my K&K equipped guitars.

I highly recommend the conversion for K&Ks & am considering installing the standard Ultra Tonic in one of my other guitars. It already has an endpin jack so I won't need to have a guitar tech drill it first, so I may try the install myself. Would love to hear more from James May & others that have done the install themselves for advice. Looks doable, though.

Frank