View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j. Kinnaird View Post
Good explanation Mike. It’s not a new idea really. The Larson brothers used to put a solid tube (aluminum i think since this was before the days of carbon fiber) from the neck block all the way to the tail block. The idea then as it is now is to support that block more rigidly so that it does not rely on the top for support. That means that the upper bout of the top is more able to join in making music. So the fingerboard extension floats over the top like it does in an arch top guitar and the internal block attaches to the top about like the heel block attaches. I thought a single rod running down the center of the guitar would not look cool through the sound hole and it would definitely get in the way of the adjustability of this neck which will be adjustable, so two angled carbon fiber rods that transfer the load to the sides of the guitar near the waist should support the load nicely and not be in the way.
Thank you!

I was sure they were there for a reason but not being a builder, I couldn't figure out why they were there. I guess if I'd looked more closely I might have read about the floating fingerboard extension.

Thanks again,
PJ