View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
Here is a picture of the materials for the second spec guitar I've recently started:

This will be a Brazilian Rosewood Greta grand auditorium model with a Florentine cutaway. In the picture you see I selected a light colored Western Cedar top and am using gold EVO fretwire and all gold Schertler open back tuners. There are two pieces of bark from 20,000yr/old+ wooly mammoth tusks that I'll use for the heel cap and truss rod cover. I'll also use wooly mammoth ivory for my edge type fret markers. Finally, for the rosette there is a piece of curly Red Oak burl that fell into my hands while I was bringing in fire wood. I'm going for a subtle organic look on this guitar highlighted with gold and trimmed in Black Ebony.

If someone asked me to build what I think is the best sounding guitar I can build, this is it. It will have a very active cedar lattice braced back and be a culmination of what I believe are the best elements of the best sounding guitars I've made to date.
Hey Mark, looks like this should be a beauty, always fun to pick out the parts/pieces and see where the vision takes you....have fun!